Lebanon, a part of the Ottoman Empire till World War I when the empire collapsed offers a unique blend of Asian culture with a distinct European influence. The European influence on Lebanon is due to it being under the French Mandate after World War I.
In this article, we give you details of how to acquire a visa to Lebanon from Dubai.
Citizens of the Following Countries Don’t Need a Visa
Please note that citizens of countries who are members of the Gulf Cooperation Council formed in 1981 are eligible to enter the Republic of Lebanon without a visa. The nations in the Gulf Cooperation Council are-
- The United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Apart from these Gulf Cooperation Council countries, citizens of Jordan too are eligible to enter Lebanon without a visa. Citizens of all these countries can stay in Lebanon for a period not exceeding 3 months. Besides, citizens of certain countries are also eligible for visas on arrival. Applicants are requested to check with the embassy before applying for a visa.
The category of visa given depends on the applicant’s nationality, duration of stay and the purpose of visit.
The price of a normal visa to Lebanon from Dubai is AED 350. Please note, this visa fee shall not be refunded to the applicant under any circumstances whatsoever.
For the smooth processing of the visa by the embassy and to avoid any delays, it’s important to ensure proper submission of certain supporting documents. They are-
- A valid UAE residency proof valid for a minimum of 90 days from the day of journey
- The original passport with two bank pages valid for at least 6 months from the day of the journey
- In case of any employee of a company visiting the Philippines, he/she shall need an NOC letter from the company mentioning the date of joining, the designation, the pay and the purpose of visit addressed to the Philippines embassy. For businessmen, a valid trade license, a self-introduction letter mentioning the monthly earnings along with the passport details of the partners, investors or co-owners if any.
- 3 recently taken photographs of dimension 3.5*4.5 cm having a white background
- A bank statement with details of transactions carried out over the last 3 months bearing the bank stamp or an original bank statement
- An invitation letter from friends or relatives will be an added advantage
- An invitation letter for all business travelers
It usually takes 10-14 working to get a visa processed provided that all the necessary documents along with the passport are submitted on time.
Yes, it is. Visa is mandatory for UAE citizens of all nationalities looking to enter Lebanon.
Yes, they do. All children and parents entering Lebanon with their UAE citizen parents will need a visa.
The visa type depends on the duration of the stay planned by the applicant and the purpose of the visit.
No, under no circumstances whatsoever is the visa fee refunded to the applicant.
No, in most cases, the issuing authority reveals no reason for visa rejection. However, in certain exceptional cases, they might.
The visa is stamped on the applicant’s passport once it’s approved.