Nationalities those are eligible for ‘visa on arrival’
If you are from any of the countries mentioned below, it makes you eligible for a ‘visa on arrival’ at Indonesia where you can stay for 90 days unless mentioned otherwise. People from these nations are also eligible for short visits of not more than 30 days to Indonesia through all entry points without any visa at all. They are-
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macao SAR
- Laos PDR &
The Presidential Decision Number 21/2016 declares that citizens of as many as 169 countries/special regions don’t need any visa to visit Indonesia for governmental meetings, education, socio-cultural purposes, tourism, business visits or family visits or even airport transits. On such a visit without a visa, they can stay in Indonesia for 30 days. We mention the most prominent ones of the 169 countries.
- Republic of Korea
- United States of America
The Visa Prices for Indonesia
For a visa to Indonesia, a non-refundable visa fee needs to be paid. There might be some exemptions on the visa fee decided by the applicant’s age and the type of visa applied for. But, the total cost of the visa includes the charges for the application fee and AED 200 as a service charge.
- A passport that should be valid for 6 months from the date the visitor enters Indonesia. The passport should also have two blank pages to affix visa stickers not more than 10 years old
- Two passport size photographs taken recently with a white background
- The visa application form with all the required information duly filled
- A copy of the passport along with the UAE residency visa page valid for at least one month more than the requested visa
- Proof of the travel itinerary which should include the details of the onward or return journeys
- Proof of hotel reservations
- Evidence to show that the visitor has enough money to fund his stay in Indonesia. This should be in the form of 3 months’ bank statement showing a balance of at least 10,000 AED
- A letter from the employer of the applicant which should be less than one month old. If the applicant is self employed, a letter from the solicitor or accountant or the bank manager must be furnished. Students need to submit a letter from their school, college or university confirming attendance. All the letters should categorically certify that the applicant has an obligation to return after the visit to Indonesia is over
The time needed to process a visa to Indonesia varies from 7 to 10 working days.
The Procedure Involved
- Submit the necessary documents and make the mandatory payments
- Complete preliminary advices and checking
- Fill in the application form and arrange relevant documents
- Thorough examination of the applicant by the visa authorities
- Fix an appointment with the Indonesian embassy authorities for the submission of all necessary documents and bio-metric records
- Collect the passport
- Wait for the notification saying that the visa is ready
- Indonesia’s size can’t be underestimated
It takes around 50 hours to cover all of Sumatra even though it doesn’t take up even 25% of Indonesia’s land mass. A drive through Sumatra takes longer than a drive that would take you to New York from Los Angeles due to the poor road conditions and mountainous terrain.
- Airline Credit Card Issue
While it’s most convenient to book an airline ticket on the airline website, one might face issues with a foreign credit card. In that case, try a different airline or a booking site like Expedia while booking on smartphones.
- Let the Currency Not Fool You
Indonesian Rupee is one of those currencies in the world with the lowest value. 1 USD is equal to as much as 13,000 Rupiah. Be attentive and keep your eyes open for an added zero on your bill. If you don’t, you might end up with the credit card deducting 2,000,000 Rupiah instead of 200,000 Rupiah.
- Weather that’s Unpredictable
The weather in Indonesia is rough and the elements come down in all their fury at times. The nation experiences earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and storms and it also rains cats and dogs often. But don’t let that deter you for the country is an exotic place to be in.
Yes, parents or elders need to accompany children below 18. An NOC letter mentioning that the parents don’t object to the visit is needed too. The parents should attach their passport copies to the child’s application.
Please call the embassy on the number given on the receipt given to you by the embassy. They might need certain additional documents.
No, under no circumstances is the visa fee refunded. Grant of visa depends entirely on the embassy’s discretion.
It takes around 7-10 working days to have the visa processed.